Des Mots-Niaques
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Des Mots-Niaques

Vous avez envie de parler de tout et de rien sans vous prendre la tête ?

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!

+9
Nalexou
Night
Wrathchild
Canard Boulet
ICEBLOCK
Alitje
Bicrate de Soude
Maggot
Shangora
13 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Bicrate de Soude
le Socrate multi-fonction

A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSam 1 Oct 2011 - 18:09

Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://heliconpart1.over-blog.org/
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin
Emploi : Parfois oui, parfois non
Loisirs : Musique, guitare, passer du temps avec les amis, forums...

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMer 21 Mar 2012 - 23:54

Interesting fact of History...

...Maybe in many decades to come, we'll talk about The Great Deception of 2012. MrGreen
Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 19 Juin 2012 - 0:41

Today is a special day for rock music...

And I'll start with only one word : thank you.

Thank you for all the good your music has brought to me for almost twenty years.
Thank you for enlightening my days, sometimes my nights too, thank you for the dreaming, the joy and the inspiration, for me and the millions of faithful fans worldwide, for your whole work is a blessing for music.

Now, I'll just end with a....

Happy birthday, Mr McCartney! Very Happy

A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Paul-mccartney-20070616-270772

Ok I know he doesn't look 70 on this one! MrGreen

darkdays
Admin par Intérim
Admin par Intérim
darkdays

Masculin
Emploi : Cryptkeeper
Loisirs : créer des topics sur un forum désert

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJeu 21 Juin 2012 - 1:11

Citation :

Paul McCartney Film to Screen Before 'The Intouchables'
Published: May 24, 2012 @ 9:52 am

The Weinstein Company has locked in Paul McCartney, Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp to build the buzz around its upcoming “The Intouchables.”

McCartney’s directorial debut, “My Valentine,” will screen before every showing of the French box office smash during its theatrical run. It hits theaters May 25.

McCartney's black-and-white short, set to his song of the same name, stars Portman and Depp translating the lyrics of the song using sign language. Each offers a distinct interpretation, and Depp also plays a guitar solo.

“What an honor it is to have Paul’s short film directorial debut on the head of ‘The Intouchables’ showings. Paul and Stella are great old friends,” Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company, said in a statement.

The idea initially came from McCartney's daughter, fashion designer Stella McCartney, who dressed Portman for the short. The film, produced by Susanne Priessler, premiered at Stella McCartney's Los Angeles boutique. Academy Award winner Wally Pfister was the cinematographer.

"The Intouchables" is a French comedy starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy that set box office records across Europe.
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/paul-mccartney-film-screen-intouchables-41451

Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSam 12 Jan 2013 - 19:20

Going back through my e-mails, I found a link to an edition of the Huffington Post. And came upon this article, which was written 15 months ago...But it's still interesting to read.
The article is filled with bitterness... And when I read certain passages (especially near the end), I wonder how much of it is true.
I'm sure that the Obama governement isn't much better than W.Bush's governement and help make a drastic change in the lives of poor america, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is WORSE than under Bush's administration (which is what the author suggests). But... I don't know. I don't have enough information on this issue.

It's always very easy for me to believe that all governements are corrupted and most of the time, I never even doubt on this. But... It's hard for me to believe that an american president can be WORSE than G.W.Bush in his actions...Especially concerning foreign affairs.

I would like to have your opinion on this... What do you think of this article ? Do you agree with the author ? Do you think it's too partisan or that the author is simply stating a fact ? Do you have any verified information about this particular issue ? Or do you know where I can find some ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/washington-leaves-million_b_1112746.html?ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=112511&utm_medium=email&utm_content=BlogEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

Dernière édition par Bitteulze le Sam 1 Juin 2013 - 1:15, édité 1 fois
Night
Hime Sama
Hime Sama
Night

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 12 Mar 2013 - 1:30

It's me Mario!!!....I'm out
Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 12 Mar 2013 - 2:13

(note to myself : reply Bitteulze's latest entry)

Night-chan, and don't forget to lock yourself outside! Razz

Well, now that I'm here, let's find something to say

MrGreen

come on, it's harder than it may look!

Oh, right! At the beginning of february, I went to see the Rabeats in Marseilles, a tribute band to the Beatles : my my, these guys deserve a lot of credit for sure! What an amazing moment ! As French as they may be, they were able to create a perfect illusion of revival of the most famous british band, the instruments, the outfits, the wigs...everything was identical (or close to be) to the Fab Four. I had the greatest time, spending 2 hours of non-stop singing some of my favourite songs. Can't wait to see them again!
Night
Hime Sama
Hime Sama
Night

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 12 Mar 2013 - 10:34

I've never had the opportunity to see any concert like this one, the last one I went to was in Paris, last July, in front of the...whut? I forgot the name I think it was l'hotel de ville or something like this
It was "Shaka Ponk", "La grand sophie" and other small gigs
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 12 Mar 2013 - 23:07

Shangora a écrit:

Oh, right! At the beginning of february, I went to see the Rabeats in Marseilles, a tribute band to the Beatles : my my, these guys deserve a lot of credit for sure! What an amazing moment ! As French as they may be, they were able to create a perfect illusion of revival of the most famous british band, the instruments, the outfits, the wigs...everything was identical (or close to be) to the Fab Four. I had the greatest time, spending 2 hours of non-stop singing some of my favourite songs. Can't wait to see them again!

Lucky you ! Very Happy

I was a bit suspicious about those guys but, now that I have your feedback, I might go and see them...
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMer 22 Mai 2013 - 16:32

Basic humour, very childish but yet, the "I can't let you live with this memory" really made me laugh... I guess it's because such a thought must have crossed my mind at one time or another in a very similar situation...

Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeVen 31 Mai 2013 - 20:38

Well, everybody must have done or said something more embarrassing than a mere fart for at least once in their life. And they survived, didn't they? I'll never understand why so much fuss about it.

This is not the main lesson I learnt from this video, though. No, all I noticed is that...this chick is FREAKIN' HOT!!!

Just kidding.

Well, nevertheless, did I mention that I obtained a total band score of 8.0 in my IELTS test i had 3 weeks ago, (second to best score) which raises me to the "very good user" rank? Very Happy Yipee, I officially can emigrate to UK or the US now! Very Happy Rosbifs, beware! Twisted Evil
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSam 1 Juin 2013 - 1:22

Shangora a écrit:

Well, nevertheless, did I mention that I obtained a total band score of 8.0 in my IELTS test i had 3 weeks ago, (second to best score) which raises me to the "very good user" rank? Very Happy Yipee, I officially can emigrate to UK or the US now! Very Happy Rosbifs, beware! Twisted Evil

Congratulations ! cheers

(I had to look up what "IELTS" meant Embarassed. I'm useless when it comes to abbreviations... From what I read it looks very similar to what I knew as "Cambridge Exams" when I studied for them in England)
Night
Hime Sama
Hime Sama
Night

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSam 15 Juin 2013 - 13:22

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
sorry I forgot that it as IELTS, I remembered TOEIC
I passed the same test as you in november, stupid stupid night!
I'm so proud of you Smile
darkdays
Admin par Intérim
Admin par Intérim
darkdays

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeVen 19 Juil 2013 - 23:19

Bitteulze a écrit:
Shangora a écrit:

Well, nevertheless, did I mention that I obtained a total band score of 8.0 in my IELTS test i had 3 weeks ago, (second to best score) which raises me to the "very good user" rank? :DYipee, I officially can emigrate to UK or the US now! :DRosbifs, beware! Twisted Evil

Congratulations ! cheers

(I had to look up what "IELTS" meant  Embarassed. I'm useless when it comes to abbreviations... From what I read it looks very similar to what I knew as "Cambridge Exams" when I studied for them in England)
well done !

http://www.myspace.com/fantominus
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeVen 26 Juil 2013 - 12:47

darkdays, the video reads : "This video has been removed by the user". :/

I take the opportunity of this topic to share this video...
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeLun 29 Juil 2013 - 13:30

This is for Shangora.... I didn't manage to understand everything they were talking about, so it would be a challenge for you as well, but nevertheless, I thought you'd like it... It dates back from 2006, so you might have already seen it, I don't know.

Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeLun 29 Juil 2013 - 14:32

I can't listen to it carefully (there are several people around me right now), so I'll wait until I'm back home to watch.
darkdays
Admin par Intérim
Admin par Intérim
darkdays

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeLun 29 Juil 2013 - 22:06

Bitteulze a écrit:
darkdays, the video reads : "This video has been removed by the user". :/

thanks to the " i " button
http://www.myspace.com/fantominus
Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeLun 29 Juil 2013 - 23:44

Bitteulze a écrit:
This is for Shangora.... I didn't manage to understand everything they were talking about, so it would be a challenge for you as well, but nevertheless, I thought you'd like it... It dates back from 2006, so you might have already seen it, I don't know.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but a fair amount of the words just don't come out easy for me. They speak way too fast and it feels like the TV host munches his sentences...I got the general idea, but I do need to train my ears to distinguish and understand many other accents ...nevertheless I understood the "penis-shaped" stage, the singer's food troubles, and I totally missed out the part around 10:00...lol!

I used to like a lot "I believe in a thing called love", but it was like 7 or 8 years ago, always fun to listen, anyway...but with some distance, I realiza that this band carried a lot of self-derision and exageration Mdr
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 30 Juil 2013 - 1:15

Shangora a écrit:
I realiza that this band carried a lot of self-derision and exageration Mdr

Absolutely ! And that's exactly what's part of their charm I think. If they did not have that I think they would have turned out to be pretty ridiculous... With good riffs and nice melodies but still ridiculous. Their sense of humour and "glamour" (I think that this word encapsulate the idea of exageration) saved them... And they obviously knew how to play around with it.

For the parts that you mentionned, that's also the ones that I understood. I'd have to check for the part at 10:00... I'll tell you if there are some things that I understood. I know that they said a joke a few minutes after the beginning of the interview that made the whole audience laugh...But I didn't have a clue what they were talking about ! Laughing
Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 30 Juil 2013 - 9:30

Bitteulze a écrit:
Shangora a écrit:
I realiza that this band carried a lot of self-derision and exageration Mdr

Absolutely ! And that's exactly what's part of their charm I think. If they did not have that I think they would have turned out to be pretty ridiculous... With good riffs and nice melodies but still ridiculous. Their sense of humour and "glamour" (I think that this word encapsulate the idea of exageration) saved them... And they obviously knew how to play around with it.
 Yeah, that's why I like glam-rock too Razz

Bitteulze a écrit:

I know that they said a joke a few minutes after the beginning of the interview that made the whole audience laugh...But I didn't have a clue what they were talking about ! Laughing

I cheated a bit on this one (for the details at least)...i read the comments on YT Embarassed The general idea revolves around food and drugs and around how the singer ingests them before shows! Mdr
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 30 Juil 2013 - 17:57

Shangora a écrit:

The general idea revolves around food and drugs and around how the singer ingests them before shows! Mdr

Thanks ! I didn't even go on youtube, but just reading your comment helped me understand the expression : "lots of drugs". Isn't fantastic how the brain operates ?... You prepare your ears to ear about a particular subject and suddenly you manage to understand things much clearer Smile 
But, I still didn't understand what the host said... "(something something) on the BBC". Did you get that part ?
Bicrate de Soude
Bicrate de Soude

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeLun 5 Aoû 2013 - 23:54

Bave 
So much musical history in one small studio ! This place is Heaven for all Beatles lovers.

Shangora
Elle est où la poulette?
Elle est où la poulette?
Shangora

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMar 6 Aoû 2013 - 0:35

Thank you for sharing!^^

That was quite precious. I couldn't believe it when they unveiled the harpsichord you can hear on "Because", ans the old keyboard on "Stawberryfield"...I think I'd faint on the spot if I ever got to go near these holy relics!
 Klaus Voorman was the designer of the "Revolver" Cover (highly-inspired MrGreen), among other things. He looks like a nice guy!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!   A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

A jolly good idea...the english topic is back! Yay!
Page 10 sur 12Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Suivant